10/31/2013

Halloween



So this is what they mean by "starving artists"?

(This early version of The Grateful Dead dates from 1893.  From the National Archives of the UK, via The Commons on Flickr.)

And I found out today that the residual problems with my shoulder and arm now means trying to carve the annual pumpkin for Halloween here... hurts.  (It turns out pumpkin-carving uses a lot of upper-arm and shoulder movements, a lot of which fall outside the arm's comfort zone now.  Yes, this kinda sucks.) I usually try to do something fairly fancy and complicated with a pumpkin, but today I had to settle for a fairly simple and traditional eyes-nose-mouth design.  Even then, after cutting out the lid and scopping the insides, I ended up asking one of our housemates to do the facial cutouts.  Bummer.

No comments: